Skip Navigation LinksPart-time-local-student

​Part time local students

Study fewer units each semester

Part time classes are generally conducted during the evening, however some day time classes are also run.

For most part time courses you apply and enrol in person at the campus where the course is delivered. There is a specific day, time and location you will need visit the campus to do this.

Enrolments in part time courses are made on a first- come, first-served basis so it is important you are available to visit us at this time.

Please note, you will need to arrange for your Unique Student Identifier (USI) before you come in to enrol. ​​

Information about Part time enrolments for Semester 2 are now available.​ Please search below for courses with part time availabilities. Click on the course to find out what day you need to enrol. We are still adding to this list so fill in this online​ form​ if you would like to express your interest in other part time opportunities.


 Content Editor ‭[3]‬

​​Found your course and enrolment date? 

The following is information about how to enrol as a part time student when part time applications are open.

Once you have found your enrolment date,  ensure you have done the following before coming on campus:

1. Organised your USI

2. Checked your payment options and what you need to bring with you to confirm your enrolment

3. Gathered your evidence of previous studies or work experience


​More information is available below:

 Apply and enrol

​Apply and enrol in one step

You apply and enrol in person at the campus where the course is delivered. 

Enrolments in part time courses are made on a first- come, first-served basis so it is important you are available to visit Central at this time. 


What to bring if you are enrolling on campus

For your enrolment you must bring:

  • Your letter of offer
  • Support documents if you are claiming an exemption, such as your academic transcript.
  • The ID document you used to create your USI and your USI number.
  • If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident you will need to bring a copy of your visa.
  • If you were born on or after 1 July 1997 and at least 15 years old, you will need proof of age (birth certificate, passport, proof of age card issued by the Department of Transport)

Once you have enrolled, you will need to come to Student Services to arrange the payment of fees and collect your proof of enrolment.

Certificate students – what to bring


​Diploma students – what t​o bring



You will need to organise your Unique Student Identifier if you don't already have one.

Find out about obtaining a USI

Need more information?

You must enrol or you ​will risk losing your place in the course.

If you need more information to decide about your course, come to your campus on your enrolment day and talk to one of our career counselors or our academic staff. They will be able to tell you more about your study load, support services available and your career pathways and job prospects.

If you are concerned about your fees, please talk to our Student Finance Management Officer and she will let you know about the different payment options and financial assistance available.​

 Obtain your USI

Unique Student Identifier (USI)

All students need to have a USI to be able to enrol or re-enrol at North Metropolitan TAFE.

Visit to create or retrieve your USI.

You will need your Driver’s Licence, Medicare card, Australian Passport or any of the other documents listed on the website.

Please note your details must match those of the form of ID you are using. If you have changed your name, use a form of ID with your current name. This must also match your details in our enrolment system.

Write your USI down and bring it with you on enrolment day with your form of ID used to create your USI.

For more information email or visit Student Services at your campus.

 Orientation and getting ready for study

Getting ready for the st​ar​t of semester

Now that you have completed your enrolment, there are some other activities for you to do to ensure that you are ready to go on the first day of semester.

Find out if your course is having an orientation session

Orientation is compulsory and will happen at the beginning of the semester. You will find out all the information you need to know to begin your course. It's also a chance to meet other students and your lecturers.

Other useful information

The following information is important for you to know. It will assist you during your first weeks at North Metro TAFE. 

Student ID cards and SmartRider information

Student ID cards are available from the Bookshop at Perth campus and the Library at all other campuses. They are available in the first week of semester. You will need to show your enrolment summary as proof of enrolment to get your ID card.

As a full-time student, you are entitled to travel concessions on Transperth services. You can pick up an application form for the Tertiary SmartRider from Student Services when you enrol.

Your Student ID will not be accepted by Transperth as proof that you are entitled to a concession on public transport.

Stude​​​​​nt Portal

You will also be able to access the Student Portal from the top right hand corner of every page on the website

Visit Current Stud​ents


You will be able to view and print your timetable from the Student Portal once you enrol and make a payment. You should refer to your timetable to find out when your first day of class is.

Bookshop and library

You will be advised of any texts and additional resources you may require during the first week of your study.

Books and resources can be purchased online through the Bookweb: The online bookshop and mailed to your home or collected from your preferred campus.

Central has a Bookshop at Perth Campus which stocks resources for all courses.

Libraries are located at Perth, Mt Lawley, Leederville and East Perth Campuses. The bookshop and libraries will not be open during enrolments.



 Studying part time as a high school student

Enrolments by Secondary School Students and Notice of Arrangement

Secondary school-aged students with a birth date between I July 1998 and 30 June 2000 wishing to enrol at Central Institute of Technology will be required to present a Notice of Arrangement when applying to study. Students will be required to have Sections 1a, 1b and Section 2 completed and signed prior to enrolment.  

Download Notice of Arrangement form (pdf)


In 2016 if you are a secondary school student, not participating in a VET in School program, and continue to be enrolled at school you will be required to pay a service charge to study. The Service Charge will be calculated at a flat hourly rate according to the total number of contact hours for each course or unit. There will be other resource and material charges.

Younger students will require an Exemption from the school to enrol with us.


CategoryNotice of Arrangement


For 2016 Secondary School Students, with a birth date between I July 1998 and 30 June 2000, who are enrol in schools and wish to enrol part time.



Notice of Arrangement is required. Section 1a, 1b and Section 2 has to be completed and before enrolment


For 2016 Secondary School Students, with a birth date between I July 1998 and 30 June 2000, who are in employment and wish to enrol part time​.



Notice of Arrangement is required. Section 1a, 1b, Section 2 and 3 has to be completed before enrolment




RTO Code: 52786

​​​Follow us:

social-facebook.png social-google+.png social-youtube.png social-pinterest.png ​​