Billy Blue, arguably the leading design college in Australia, has joined forces with Central Institute of Technology to bring the best in contemporary training to the west coast.
The new partnership will see the delivery of the Billy Blue Associate Degree of Applied Design (Commercial Interior) at Central. This is a first for WA. This will give you the skills to create state-of –the art commercial interiors in both the physical and digital world. In this partnership, Billy Blue College of Design is the Higher Education Provider (HEP No. 4375). Fee Help is available.
This is a unique opportunity:
It focuses on cross disciplinary interaction within a commercial design context.
It opens the pathway to further study anywhere in Australia and is an internationally recognised qualification
It maximises your future earning potential
If you want to go on to a Bachelor degree afterwards, you study for just one more year
It features a hands-on approach taught by industry professionals
Associate Degree of Applied Design (Commercial interior)
Interior design is a thriving industry – and now you've the chance to get amongst it. Study the Associate degree of Applied Design (Commercial Interiors) through Billy Blue College of Design at Central Institute of Technology and enjoy the unique chance to enter the Commercial Design industry.
Develop and design unique interiors for commercial interior environments, ranging from exhibition to retail and workplace design. This course explores areas fundamental to these commercial interiors like branding, lighting, sustainability and materiality. Assess commercial interior design strategies, see how commercial interiors can engage an audience, and apply theory to practice by inventing a range of commercial interior design solutions for real clients.
About the Course
The objective of this course is to develop ethical, reflective and professional designers who can work as a paraprofessional in an interdisciplinary team. Graduates will complete creative, sustainable and cost effective strategies and designs to a professional standard for the Australian and international market.
At the successful conclusion of this course, you will be able to:
- Critically analyse problems to find the most creative, strategic, sustainable and cost effective solution
- Understand the critical role of experimentation in the design process
- Critique, produce and evaluate a communications strategy from a brand and consumer perspective
- Demonstrate leadership skills as a team player and communicator
- Demonstrate their ability to creatively apply design theory to their professional practice
- Apply ethical and legal issues to their design practice
- Critically reflect on the roles and responsibilities of professional practitioners in contemporary industry
- Apply principles of continuous learning and reflection that are relevant to the industry
- Understand the parameters of design culture and theory
- Demonstrate their capacity to develop and create visual concepts and forms in response to a retail design brief
- Specify building systems, materiality, furniture and fixtures for a retail design environment
- Develop layout plans, elevations, sections and details for a retail environment design
Get ready to take on the world as a mighty creative commercial interior designer. Based in an architectural or interior design practice you'll have knowledge in the areas of exhibition, retail, and workplace design.
2 years, begins March 2013
- Minimum of 18 years of age prior to course commencement with completion of Australian High School Year 12 and an ATAR of 63.40/UAI of 60+ (or equivalent) OR
- Mature age (aged 21 or over) entry with relevant work experiences AND
- Submission of a design portfolio (6–10 pieces of original creative work) AND
- Personal or phone interview (where possible) AND
- IELTS 6.0 (academic) with a minimum of 5.5 in each band if English is not your first language
Enquiries and applying